Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > questions about using the editor of pythonWin--from a new comer

questions about using the editor of pythonWin--from a new comer

littleneo

Hi,
Is there anybody know how to show the line number in the source code using
the editor of pythonWin? Another problem is how to find the folder of a file
in the editor, since it only shows the file name. If I need to open several
files at the same time, if there is a convenient way to choose the needed
file without organizing the files manually. The windows will cover each
other.

Thanks a lot!

Colin J. Williams

littleneo wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anybody know how to show the line number in the source code using
> the editor of pythonWin?

=> View Click the Editor Tab and then set values for Line numbers and
Folding.

I use 36 and 20 respectively. It's best to experiment.
Another problem is how to find the folder of a file
> in the editor, since it only shows the file name. If I need to open several
> files at the same time, if there is a convenient way to choose the needed
> file without organizing the files manually. The windows will cover each
> other.

It might be helpful if the full path were given in the file's Title Bar.
It is not.

I suggest that typically one needs to work in one or two directories (1)
that of the program being developed and, sometimes, the package being
used by the program under development. Thus, it's probably not a big
problem.

Colin W.
Colin W.

> Thanks a lot!

Bob Gailer

At 06:35 PM 10/7/2003, littleneo wrote:

>Is there anybody know how to show the line number in the source code using
>the editor of pythonWin?

View->Options->Editor->Margin Widths->Line Numbers
>[snip]

Bob Gailer
303 442 2625

---

New comer herpreet0123 The Lounge 3 10-28-2011 05:33 AM
new comer wangmingshan@gmail.com Java 4 01-09-2008 12:08 PM
New comer peluangusahakita.computer@yahoo.com Python 2 11-13-2007 09:22 PM
new comer senthi C Programming 1 09-13-2007 12:27 AM
Re: New comer ~misfit~ NZ Computing 3 08-23-2004 04:46 AM

Advertisments