Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Import Error: Shared object not open

Import Error: Shared object not open

satish

Hello all,

I have a python module generated by SWIG. When I try to import the module I
get the following error :

>>> import overturec

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/home/world0/SWIGTEST/overturec.py", line 4, in ?
import _overturec
ImportError: .6: shared object not open

I am sure this has got something to do with the *sys.path* . I tried editing
it in all possible ways. I am not getting rid of this error.

Can someone advise me ??
--
SATISH KUMAR CHIMAKURTHI
Graduate Teaching Assistant

John J. Lee

satish <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I have a python module generated by SWIG. When I try to import the module I
> get the following error :

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
> File "/home/world0/SWIGTEST/overturec.py", line 4, in ?
> import _overturec
> ImportError: .6: shared object not open
>
> I am sure this has got something to do with the *sys.path* . I tried editing
> it in all possible ways. I am not getting rid of this error.

[...]

Never seen that error before.

What platform (operating system) is this? What version of Python
(probably not important, but useful to state it)?

Where is _overturec.so (or whatever the filename is)? What's your
sys.path? Have you tried running ldconfig or setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Try putting the extension shared library in the current directory and
then trying to importing it directly (import _overturec).

John