Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python & debian

python & debian

Enrique

Hello again.

After several years using windows, now i'm trying debian OS.
In windows i use pythonwin or activepython by the facility of a windows
environment, code completion, dot lists, and a easy help in activepython.

There is something similar to install under linux?? i`m a newbie.

Thanks. Happy weekend.

Enrique (Madrid)

**AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD**
La información contenida en este mensaje y archivos es privada y confidencial estando dirigida solamente al destinatario. Si Ud. ha recibido esta información por error, por favor, proceda a su inmediata destrucción. Cualquier opinión o punto de vista contenido en este mensaje corresponde al remitente y necesariamente no representa la opinión del GRUPO XEROX.

John J. Lee

"Enrique" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> After several years using windows, now i'm trying debian OS.
> In windows i use pythonwin or activepython by the facility of a windows
> environment, code completion, dot lists, and a easy help in activepython.
>
> There is something similar to install under linux?? i`m a newbie.

IDE == Integrated Development Environment is the term you want.

Too many to list. Use Google Groups to search this group -- something
like:

IDEs linux group:comp.lang.python

Plain old Google will also turn up links.

John

Torsten Marek

Enrique schrieb:
> Hello again.
>
> After several years using windows, now i'm trying debian OS.
> In windows i use pythonwin or activepython by the facility of a windows
> environment, code completion, dot lists, and a easy help in activepython.
>
> There is something similar to install under linux?? i`m a newbie.
>
> Thanks. Happy weekend.
>
> Enrique (Madrid)
>

> **AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD**
> La información contenida en este mensaje y archivos es privada y confidencial estando dirigida solamente al destinatario. Si Ud. ha recibido esta información por error, por favor, proceda a su inmediata destrucción. Cualquier opinión o punto de vista contenido en este mensaje corresponde al remitente y necesariamente no representa la opinión del GRUPO XEROX.

You have the choice:
- Xemacs + python-mode (great editing, not so great python support, no
debugging)
- Boa Constructor (last time I checked it ran on Linux) + wxPython
(which is a must have)
- eric3 (Editor + Debugger + Refactoring tool + ...) + PyQt
- IDLE, which comes with Python itself and uses Tk

Those are only the ones which come to my mind instantly, of course there
are many more..

greets

Torsten