Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Running python from eclipse/pyeclipse

Running python from eclipse/pyeclipse

G.A.

I've installed Eclipse 3.0 and the latest pyeclipse. I can get the editor
run - at least I think so, because it seems to do reasonable syntax
highlighting. However, I can't get the Python console window to appear
(Unable to instantiate view: org.python.pyeclipse.views.ConsoleView), nor
can I get python to run to completion. The MSWindows Task Manager shows
that eclipse has successfully started python.exe (at least a process by
that name shows up), but eclipse just shows 0% progress.

Any suggestions, even if they're just on how to debug this?

Thanks,

Gary

Andy Todd

G.A. wrote:
> I've installed Eclipse 3.0 and the latest pyeclipse. I can get the editor
> run - at least I think so, because it seems to do reasonable syntax
> highlighting. However, I can't get the Python console window to appear
> (Unable to instantiate view: org.python.pyeclipse.views.ConsoleView), nor
> can I get python to run to completion. The MSWindows Task Manager shows
> that eclipse has successfully started python.exe (at least a process by
> that name shows up), but eclipse just shows 0% progress.
>
> Any suggestions, even if they're just on how to debug this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

I can't speak for pyeclipse, but the TruStudio plugin with Eclipse 2.1
works like a dream. You can get it from http://www.xored.com/download.php

All you need to do after installation is tell it where your python.exe
file is located and you should be off and running.

Regards,
Andy
From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq - http://www.halfcooked.com/

SectorUnknown

Does Eclipse give you an environment where you can debug python code?

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, andy47
@halfcooked.com says...
> G.A. wrote:
> > I've installed Eclipse 3.0 and the latest pyeclipse. I can get the editor
> > run - at least I think so, because it seems to do reasonable syntax
> > highlighting. However, I can't get the Python console window to appear
> > (Unable to instantiate view: org.python.pyeclipse.views.ConsoleView), nor
> > can I get python to run to completion. The MSWindows Task Manager shows
> > that eclipse has successfully started python.exe (at least a process by
> > that name shows up), but eclipse just shows 0% progress.
> >
> > Any suggestions, even if they're just on how to debug this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gary

> I can't speak for pyeclipse, but the TruStudio plugin with Eclipse 2.1
> works like a dream. You can get it from http://www.xored.com/download.php
>
> All you need to do after installation is tell it where your python.exe
> file is located and you should be off and running.
>
> Regards,
> Andy

Markus Wankus

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 17:40:46 GMT, SectorUnknown <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does Eclipse give you an environment where you can debug python code?
>

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, andy47
> @halfcooked.com says...
>> G.A. wrote:
>> > I've installed Eclipse 3.0 and the latest pyeclipse. I can get the

>> editor
>> > run - at least I think so, because it seems to do reasonable syntax
>> > highlighting. However, I can't get the Python console window to

>> appear
>> > (Unable to instantiate view: org.python.pyeclipse.views.ConsoleView),

>> nor
>> > can I get python to run to completion. The MSWindows Task Manager

>> shows
>> > that eclipse has successfully started python.exe (at least a process

>> by
>> > that name shows up), but eclipse just shows 0% progress.

>> I can't speak for pyeclipse, but the TruStudio plugin with Eclipse 2.1
>> works like a dream. You can get it from
>> http://www.xored.com/download.php
>>
>> All you need to do after installation is tell it where your python.exe
>> file is located and you should be off and running.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andy

Not yet (that I know of), but another project is going on here that looks
promising (see the guy's weblog):

http://pydev.sourceforge.net/

There is also a wiki page here - a little outdated...

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmo...honIntegration

I am learning Eclipse development myself (and Java 8~( ) and hope to be
able to contribute to one of these projects at some point.

--
Markus

Running,Running! audit2 Firefox 1 02-01-2008 09:27 PM
Running into MTU issues with VPN running on Cisco 7206VXR amit1017 Cisco 1 10-18-2007 01:03 PM
modify a long-running python script while it is running? Benjamin Rutt Python 2 12-20-2005 01:42 PM
running non-python progs from python Spiffy Python 23 12-15-2003 01:36 PM
I'm trying to network a deasktop running 98SE and a laptop running XP. Marc Computer Support 8 11-19-2003 03:01 AM

Advertisments