Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX 515E with DMZ

PIX 515E with DMZ

Joko Kendil

I am (a newbie) about to configure PIX 515E with DMZ. What I
understood I will need two interface on my internal network, so I will
need minimum one additional ethernet port, is that correct?

Currently what is shipped to me only PIX 515E with 2 ethernet ports.
One is eth0 and the other one is eth1.

Please give me a hints on what's the best practices on implementing
DMZ.

I am thinking:
NAT for my DMZ and PAT for my LAN.

Please advise.

Thanks,

JK

Erik Tamminga

Hi,

If you want a DMZ you need a third interface. Either logical (using vlans on
Pix OS 6.3) or physical by adding additional ethernet cards). The NAT/PAT
setup seems logical.

Erik

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...