Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Tutor

Tutor

News

Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using the free
"How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python". I'm half-way
through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a few things. I've been
teaching myself so far. I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to
help me along with this. Maybe help explain some things and give me ideas
for practice programs that go along with what I'm learning. And if you can't
help directly, maybe someone out there can point me towards somewhere that I
can get help. ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in advance.

Geiregat Jonas

After reading How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
Python, I suggest you start reading www.diveintopython.org or buy Python
2nd edition from O'reilly's, the books VERY good. It teaches you
almost everything from handeling strings to network connectivety. It
even handels python's standard GUI toolkit TK.

Ben Finney

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:55:30 GMT, News wrote:
> Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using
> the free "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
> Python". I'm half-way through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a
> few things.

If there are parts of the tutorial that are gibing you problems, please
point them out here. That way, you'll get comments that will help you
understand them, and we'll be able to determine if the tutorial can be
improved to avoid the confusion.

--
\ "One seldom discovers a true believer that is worth knowing." |
`\ -- Henry L. Mencken |

Rene Pijlman

News:
>I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me along with this.

Sure, what seems to be the problem?

--
René Pijlman

Todd Stephens

News wrote in article <6kqdb.146$(E-Mail Removed)>:

> been teaching myself so far. I was wondering if anyone out there would be
> able to help me along with this. Maybe help explain some things and give
> me ideas for practice programs that go along with what I'm learning. And
> if you can't help directly, maybe someone out there can point me towards
> somewhere that I can get help. ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in
> advance.

Another good reference would be the mailing list by the same name as your
subject line. http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor

BTW, the tutor list has been strangely silent for a few days. Anyone know
what has happened?

--
Todd Stephens
ICQ# 3150790

Daniel Dittmar

News wrote:
> Hello. I've just started learning Python a few weeks ago. I'm using
> the free "How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with
> Python". I'm half-way through chapter 5 and I've been stumbling on a
> few things. I've been teaching myself so far. I was wondering if
> anyone out there would be able to help me along with this. Maybe help
> explain some things and give me ideas for practice programs that go
> along with what I'm learning. And if you can't help directly, maybe
> someone out there can point me towards somewhere that I can get help.
> ok, I've talked enough. Thank you all in advance.

to be made for this.

Daniel

Help ! I need a Java tutor! willie Java 3 08-19-2006 04:20 PM
MCSE tutor Chris Bradley MCSE 2 10-28-2004 05:13 PM
Sun Java Certification Tutor Tom Java 4 01-20-2004 10:32 PM
MCSE certification tutor Jean MCSE 3 01-13-2004 03:09 PM
HP Openview, CiscoWorks, NetHealth consultant/tutor needed Andy Barkl Cisco 0 01-08-2004 04:20 PM

Advertisments