Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Q: How to Change Pmw.ComboBox width ??

Re: Q: How to Change Pmw.ComboBox width ??

Martin Franklin

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 10:14, Camilo Olarte wrote:
> Hello list,
> I was trying to make a Pmw.ComboBox and while using it i
> needed to change its width.
> I tried to configure it's inner components directly like _listbox.config
> but nothing changes..
> By default in my computer this combobox width is of 12 (characters)
> and since I am showing number of the month i need only 3 characters.
> i could use a Pmw.Counter but my boss don't likes it's arrows ...
>
> Here is some sample code of what i'm doing.
>
> <PYTHON>
> import Tkinter, Pmw
> class DemoCombo:
> def __init__(self, parent):
> parent.configure(background = 'white')
> arrmes = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12]
> # Create and pack the dropdown ComboBox.
> self.dropdown = Pmw.ComboBox(parent,label_text = 'Month:',
> labelpos = 'n',scrolledlist_items = arrmes,
> scrolledlist_usehullsize = 1,)

You need to configure the Entry widget.....

entry_width = 3

so

self.dropdown = Pmw.ComboBox(parent, label_text = 'Month:',
labelpos = 'n', scrolledlist_items = arrmes,
scrolledlist_usehullsize = 1, entry_width = 3)

Regards
Martin

--
Martin Franklin <(E-Mail Removed)>