Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Barcode generator for Python?

Barcode generator for Python?

jennyw

Does anyone know of a barcode generator for Python? I'm looking to do
this on Windows. It would be nice to find something free, but that's not
necessary (so long as it's reasonable). It doesn't have to be
Python-specific, either, so long as I can call it from Python. I'd love
to hear any suggestions.

I've seen bookland.py, but the kind of barcodes I'm looking to generate
are not ISBN barcodes.

Thanks!

Jen

Achim Domma

Hi Jen,

I wrote a wrapper around the GNU Barcode library, but nobody really used it.
You can get it from here:

http://www.procoders.net/download.ph...=PyBarcode.zip

It should be for python 2.2. Look at the example to see if it suits your
needs. If yes, I could build a new version for python 2.3.

regards,
Achim

Greg Krohn

"jennyw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of a barcode generator for Python? I'm looking to do
> this on Windows. It would be nice to find something free, but that's not
> necessary (so long as it's reasonable). It doesn't have to be
> Python-specific, either, so long as I can call it from Python. I'd love
> to hear any suggestions.
>
> I've seen bookland.py, but the kind of barcodes I'm looking to generate
> are not ISBN barcodes.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jen

I have a script that creates UPC barcodes, but that's not what you're
looking for, is it? If it is, let me know and I'll try and find the script.

greg

Svenne Krap

Also Reportlab (http://www.reportlab.com) has a great barcode extension
(no, I did not write it, just use it

/Svenne

Achim Domma wrote:
> Hi Jen,
>
> I wrote a wrapper around the GNU Barcode library, but nobody really used it.
> You can get it from here:
>
> http://www.procoders.net/download.ph...=PyBarcode.zip
>
> It should be for python 2.2. Look at the example to see if it suits your
> needs. If yes, I could build a new version for python 2.3.
>
> regards,
> Achim

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:21:45 -0700, rumours say that jennyw
<(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:

>Does anyone know of a barcode generator for Python? I'm looking to do
>this on Windows. It would be nice to find something free, but that's not
>necessary (so long as it's reasonable). It doesn't have to be
>Python-specific, either, so long as I can call it from Python. I'd love
>to hear any suggestions.

I have found various free truetype fonts in the past with various
encodings. Would a font be helpful?
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,

nazgi35 nazgi35 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I need a program which can generate Barcode in Code 39, Code 93 and EAN fonts. Preferably it should be an opensource code and in python/java/c/c++ languages. It should be able to print the barcode in an image file(JPEG/PNG)

Thank you.