Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Connecting Two Cisco 2610's each with Wic T1 Dsu/Csu ?

Connecting Two Cisco 2610's each with Wic T1 Dsu/Csu ?

IHateSpam

I am trying to do something in a lab environment and want to make sure
it is doable with the cables I have and equipment.

I have two 2610's each with T1 DSU's and I want to connect the two via
the DSU's to emulate a WAN link. I am going to set them to 512k and I
need to know if all I need to connect the two physically is a straight
through RJ45 patch cable, or cross over ?

This should be do able without an issue right? I am not missing
anything in this equation am I ?

I want to create a frame relay link between the two CSU's so that I
can then setup some QoS and CoS on them and test how well the QoS will
work with our Cisco IP phones, while I send different set amounts of
traffic over the link using something like WAN Killer from Orion. I
am hoping to create a bad voice call and scale forward and backwards
with CoS and or QoS to determine the sweet spot.

Anyone with experience or knowledge on the subject matter at hand I
would appreciate hearing what you have to offer.

MC

First, a T1 cross-over cable is needed, different than an ethnet cross-over
cable

A T1 cross-over cable will have pairs 1 and 3 reversed.
1 - 4
2 - 5

Also on one of the routers, you need to source your clocking internally, The
other router sourced from the line (network)
one router (I use the one that is sourciong the clock) should have frame
switching enabled.

Just configure each serial interface on each router, The source router
(doing the switching) will be the local DLCI that is defined in the frame
mapping, It will send this in the LMI update to the other router which will
have same DLCI defined unlike when on real frame network where each end may
have different local DLCI's.

"IHateSpam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to do something in a lab environment and want to make sure
> it is doable with the cables I have and equipment.
>
> I have two 2610's each with T1 DSU's and I want to connect the two via
> the DSU's to emulate a WAN link. I am going to set them to 512k and I
> need to know if all I need to connect the two physically is a straight
> through RJ45 patch cable, or cross over ?
>
> This should be do able without an issue right? I am not missing
> anything in this equation am I ?
>
> I want to create a frame relay link between the two CSU's so that I
> can then setup some QoS and CoS on them and test how well the QoS will
> work with our Cisco IP phones, while I send different set amounts of
> traffic over the link using something like WAN Killer from Orion. I
> am hoping to create a bad voice call and scale forward and backwards
> with CoS and or QoS to determine the sweet spot.
>
> Anyone with experience or knowledge on the subject matter at hand I
> would appreciate hearing what you have to offer.

touristsis touristsis is offline
Junior Member

Can I get the command for this two routers?
I have router A with 1 ethernet port and serial 0 port (T1 or RJ45). Router B with 1 ethernet port and serial 0 port (T1 or RJ45). I have already connected the two router together via a T1 Cross-over cable. Pin 1-4, 2-5.

Can you help me with the command for these two routers?