Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > DB2 driver for windows

Reply
Thread Tools

DB2 driver for windows

 
 
Philip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-20-2003
Hi,
i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Philip
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave Benjamin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-22-2003
In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$(E-Mail Removed) t>, Philip wrote:
> i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
> the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.


I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work with
ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with the DB2
client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html

--
..:[ dave benjamin (ramenboy) -:- www.ramenfest.com -:- www.3dex.com ]:.
: d r i n k i n g l i f e o u t o f t h e c o n t a i n e r :
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Philip
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-22-2003
Dave Benjamin wrote:

> In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$(E-Mail Removed) t>, Philip
> wrote:
>> i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
>> the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

>
> I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
> with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
> the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
>
> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
>


Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
an native driver)

I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
especialy interesting when sharing code)

But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
way i have choicen python/jython.

Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
that would be fine too.

Thanks,
Philip

 
Reply With Quote
 
M.-A. Lemburg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
Philip wrote:
> Dave Benjamin wrote:
>
>
>>In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$(E-Mail Removed) t>, Philip
>>wrote:
>>
>>>i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
>>>the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

>>
>>I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
>>with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
>>the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
>>
>>http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
>>

>
> Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
> an native driver)
>
> I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
> especialy interesting when sharing code)
>
> But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
> way i have choicen python/jython.
>
> Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
> that would be fine too.


FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...es/linux/odbc/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source (#1, Sep 23 2003)
>>> Python/Zope Products & Consulting ... http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ... http://python.egenix.com/

__________________________________________________ ______________________

::: Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows,Linux,Solaris,FreeBSD for free ! ::::


 
Reply With Quote
 
M.-A. Lemburg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Philip wrote:
>
>> Dave Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$(E-Mail Removed) t>, Philip
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
>>>> the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.
>>>
>>> I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
>>> with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
>>> the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
>>>
>>> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
>>>

>>
>> Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because
>> didn't find
>> an native driver)
>>
>> I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
>> especialy interesting when sharing code)
>>
>> But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious
>> reason
>> way i have choicen python/jython.
>>
>> Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
>> that would be fine too.

>
>
> FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:
>
> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...es/linux/odbc/


Oops, you were looking for a Windows driver: those work too
with mxODBC, but I can't give you a URL.

Known issues with the driver:

* Make sure that you switch off connection pooling in the MS ODBC
manager if your are using multiple connections to the database
in a single app.

* The DB2 ODBC Driver for NT has an optimization option called
early cursor close (or similar). This has to be switched off.
Otherwise, you'll get lots of SQLSTATE 08001 or 080003 errors
during connects and parallel execution of commands becomes
impossible.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source (#1, Sep 23 2003)
>>> Python/Zope Products & Consulting ... http://www.egenix.com/
>>> mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ... http://python.egenix.com/

__________________________________________________ ______________________

::: Try mxODBC.Zope.DA for Windows,Linux,Solaris,FreeBSD for free ! ::::


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jan Csisko
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
Hi Philip,

please note that the Drivers available at http://www.openlinksw.com
will provide you with JDBC as well as ODBC access to DB2 from almost
any OS.

Hth,
Regards,
Jan


Philip <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<3f6f6c4c$0$1115$(E-Mail Removed) et.net>...
> Dave Benjamin wrote:
>
> > In article <3f6cc89b$0$1122$(E-Mail Removed) t>, Philip
> > wrote:
> >> i'am looking for a db2 driver for windows
> >> the DB2 servers runs on as400 if that makes any difference.

> >
> > I don't know if you're looking for a native driver, but if you can work
> > with ODBC, I was able to get DB2's ODBC driver (the one that comes with
> > the DB2 client installation) to talk to the mx.ODBC module.
> >
> > http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxODBC.html
> >

>
> Currently i'am using jython for database administration (because didn't find
> an native driver)
>
> I like the java jdbc driver because you don't need to install anything
> especialy interesting when sharing code)
>
> But the downside is that you have the java tiresome api. the obvious reason
> way i have choicen python/jython.
>
> Well, prefer a native one but if it's easy to install the odbc driver
> that would be fine too.
>
> Thanks,
> Philip

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jarek Zgoda
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
M.-A. Lemburg <(E-Mail Removed)> pisze:

>> FYI, mxODBC works fine using the IBM DB2/400 driver for Linux:
>>
>> http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...es/linux/odbc/

>
> Oops, you were looking for a Windows driver: those work too
> with mxODBC, but I can't give you a URL.


There's no URL. Windows ODBC driver for DB2/400 is part of ClientAccess
Express suite and is not available separately.

--
Jarek Zgoda
Registered Linux User #-1
http://www.zgoda.biz/ JID:(E-Mail Removed) http://zgoda.jogger.pl/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DB2 under Windows XP - "Missing DB2 Libraries or headers" daf@jaade.com Ruby 0 04-26-2006 03:08 PM
Installing ruby-db2-0.4 for DB2 gives SQLConnect() errors. Dinesh Ruby 0 04-03-2006 04:20 AM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 1 03-24-2006 04:20 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 0 03-24-2006 02:22 PM
Hibernate 3.1 and db2 connecting using com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver crawstevenford@gmail.com Java 0 02-19-2006 08:20 PM



Advertisments