Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python API

Python API

RR

Hello, where is nice site that would have python API documentation?
In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
string.find

-RR

Bob Gailer

At 04:10 PM 9/19/2003, RR wrote:

>Hello, where is nice site that would have python API documentation?
>In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
>string.find

http://www.python.org/doc/current/li...le-string.html

This is part of the string module. Be aware that for most string operations
you no longer need this module; you can use the find method of a string e.g
haystack.find('needle') (assuming haystack is a variable bound to a string.)

Bob Gailer
303 442 2625

---

Erik Max Francis

RR wrote:

> Hello, where is nice site that would have python API documentation?
> In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
> string.find

python.org has the Language and Standard References.

The string module is documented here:

http://www.python.org/doc/current/li...le-string.html

--
Erik Max Francis && (E-Mail Removed) && http://www.alcyone.com/max/
/ \ Forgiveness is another word for letting go.

David M. Cook

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, RR wrote:
> Hello, where is nice site that would have python API documentation?
> In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
> string.find

In addition to the library docs, you can also get help in interactive mode

>>> help(''.find) # help on the find method
>>> import string; help(string) # help on the string module

Dave Cook