Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN Client works with LOCAL authentication but not RADIUS

VPN Client works with LOCAL authentication but not RADIUS

Nuno Martins

Greetings guys,

Maybe someone has came across this. I have a PIX 515 with a very
standard VPN configuration, taken from CISCO web site.
I've created a user on the PIX and when I fireup the VPN Client, with
local authentication, the client machine accesses all network
resources without a problem.
But if I switch to RADIUS authentication, the user gets authenticated,
on the client I see all the routes the PIX is giving him, but when I
try to ping... nothing. It simply doesn't work. On the PIX if I do a
"sh conn" the connections are established but no packets flow.

Pix is version 6.3(1) and client 4.0.3.

Thanks in advance,
Nuno