Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Graphic python debugger

Graphic python debugger

Maxime Biais

Hello,

I'm looking for a graphic debugger for python on linux like DDD or GVD.
I tried pdb and pdb-mode for emacs, but I would use a more gvd-like
debugger.

--
Maxime Biais

Miki Tebeka

Hello Maxime,

> I'm looking for a graphic debugger for python on linux like DDD or GVD.
> I tried pdb and pdb-mode for emacs, but I would use a more gvd-like
> debugger.

IDLE (which comes with Python) has a debugger.

HTH.
Miki

John J. Lee

Maxime Biais <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I'm looking for a graphic debugger for python on linux like DDD or GVD.
> I tried pdb and pdb-mode for emacs, but I would use a more gvd-like
> debugger.

Never used DDD or GVD, but have you looked at eric3?

The recent IDE thread might be useful to you, too.

John

John Roth

"Maxime Biais" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a graphic debugger for python on linux like DDD or GVD.
> I tried pdb and pdb-mode for emacs, but I would use a more gvd-like
> debugger.

From the description:

GNU DDD is a graphical front-end for command-line debuggers such as GDB,
DBX, WDB, Ladebug, JDB, XDB, the Perl debugger, or the Python debugger.
^^^^^^

John Roth

> --
> Maxime Biais

Daniel Dittmar

Maxime Biais wrote:
> I'm looking for a graphic debugger for python on linux like DDD or GVD.
> I tried pdb and pdb-mode for emacs, but I would use a more gvd-like
> debugger.

See also the FAQ:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw.p...=faq04.001.htp

Daniel

martin z

> GNU DDD is a graphical front-end for command-line debuggers such as GDB,
> DBX, WDB, Ladebug, JDB, XDB, the Perl debugger, or the Python debugger.
> ^^^^^^

A little offtopic, but you wouldn't happen to know if DDD + GDB can handle
Ada? I know that GDB can do Ada code, but I don't know how well a front-end
could handle Ada's idiosynchrosies if its expecting GDB to be used with C.

Is it possible to mouseover a GRAPHIC . . . that launches another (freestanding) GRAPHIC (ie. when flash is _not_ available)? 50 SOMETHING GAL HTML 3 12-10-2006 01:10 AM
Need Help getting a debugger going for IE - any free debugger aflat362 Javascript 7 12-07-2006 10:51 PM
Neither IE-Debugger or Mozilla/Venkman debugger can step through dynamically added code? Robert Oschler Javascript 1 09-05-2005 07:17 AM
Python Debugger Lothar Scholz Python 7 08-23-2003 04:34 PM
Python debugger Andrew Chalk Python 3 08-03-2003 03:06 PM

Advertisments