Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: replace %(word) in a string

RE: replace %(word) in a string

Fred Pacquier

Fred Pacquier <(E-Mail Removed)> said :

> Yes, that's a wonderful feature. Recently though, I've wondered a
> couple of times : is there an easy way to substitute with both local
> AND global variables ?...

Thanks to all who responded to that one... I half-feared that I'd asked a
really silly question, but it turns out it's not quite so trivial in the
general case after all, and there's been quite some discussions about it
before. In any case I learned a few things from your input as usual, so it
was a useful question

In my very simple case I'm only missing *one* var from locals(), so the
ugly one-line hack of reassigning lvar = gvar inside the function seems
quite enough after all...

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/