Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > MORE volunteers for voting project needed

MORE volunteers for voting project needed

Alan Dechert

A couple of months ago, I posted a call for volunteers on C.L.PY for our
demo voting system development project (open source Python on SourceForge).
I am very pleased with the result so far. We have some excellent developers
to go along with some top notch experts in voting technology we have on
board.

David Mertz has taken the Development Lead position. We still have a need
for a few people to take charge of some sub-projects. We had originally
targeted the demo completion around mid-Oct. It looks like that will slip
some but I hope to keep it from slipping too much. The need for better
voting technology is fairly urgent!

If you are interested, please have a look at what we are doing. Mostly we
need Python developers but we also need someone skilled at project
management and that can do a PERT chart (or Gantt chart) -- this person does
not need to be a Python programmer. Here are our pages on SourceForge:

http://evm2003.sourceforge.net
The Architecture document may be of particular interest. You can take the
link on this page or go directly to
http://evm2003.sourceforge.net/architecture.html

Most of our interaction is taking place on our email list. The archives are
here:

http://gnosis.python-hosting.com/voting-project/

Here's our other SF page
http://sourceforge.net/projects/evm2003

More background information can be found here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~adechert/

Our crew is international! Besides USA, we have programmers from India,
Italy, and Sweden. Please get in touch with me if you are interested in
helping with this project.

-- Alan Dechert 916-791-0456