Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Missing python23_d.lib in Windows Python 2.3

Missing python23_d.lib in Windows Python 2.3

Partho Bhowmick

I am building extension modules for Python 2.3 under Windows using MS Visual
Studio .Net 2003.
In the debug build, there is a pragma statement in <pyconfig.h> that causes
a link to the lib python23_d.lib
This library does not exist.
Am I missing something or is the installation missing something?

Harri Pesonen

Partho Bhowmick wrote:
> I am building extension modules for Python 2.3 under Windows using MS Visual
> Studio .Net 2003.
> In the debug build, there is a pragma statement in <pyconfig.h> that causes
> a link to the lib python23_d.lib
> This library does not exist.
> Am I missing something or is the installation missing something?

The standard distribution does not come with a debug version of that
library.

You can get around it by doing:

#ifdef _DEBUG
#undef _DEBUG