Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Audio (Alpy, Fastaudio, Etc Etc)

Python Audio (Alpy, Fastaudio, Etc Etc)

Daniel Joyce

Well, it seems there are groups of python audio interface libraries out
there.

One problem. I can't tell if any of them support multiple sound cards. I'm
working on a project that will require me to access and record from more
than one soundcard.

Does anyone know of a Python wrapper that allows this? I know Alsa allows
multiple sound cards, and accessing them, but I'm having little luck
groking the python modules. Some seem to have /dev/dsp programmed into
them.

I can make modifications myself, so what is the cleanest library out there?

--
----
The Meek shall inherit the Earth,

Markus Wankus

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:30:47 GMT, Daniel Joyce
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Well, it seems there are groups of python audio interface libraries out
> there.
>
> One problem. I can't tell if any of them support multiple sound cards.
> I'm
> working on a project that will require me to access and record from more
> than one soundcard.
>
> Does anyone know of a Python wrapper that allows this? I know Alsa allows
> multiple sound cards, and accessing them, but I'm having little luck
> groking the python modules. Some seem to have /dev/dsp programmed into
> them.
>
> I can make modifications myself, so what is the cleanest library out
> there?

Never used it myself, but FMOD looks like one of the best out there - and
there is a Python wrapper available.

http://www.fmod.org/

--
Markus