Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Loading modules at startup in IDLE

Daniel Klein

Does anyone know a way to automatically load modules in IDLE at
startup?

I can set %PYTHONSTARTUP% but this only works for the interactive
prompt, not in IDLE. I tried doing the same thing with %IDLESTARTUP%
but received no joy.

What am I missing? Or has this capability been removed on 2.3?

Thanks,
Daniel Klein

Peter Otten

Daniel Klein wrote:

> Does anyone know a way to automatically load modules in IDLE at
> startup?
>
> I can set %PYTHONSTARTUP% but this only works for the interactive
> prompt, not in IDLE. I tried doing the same thing with %IDLESTARTUP%
> but received no joy.
>
> What am I missing? Or has this capability been removed on 2.3?

Quoth the usage message (idle -h):

-s run $IDLESTARTUP or $PYTHONSTARTUP before anything else