Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to make URLLIB .urlopen(url1) .urlopen(url2) session related ?

How to make URLLIB .urlopen(url1) .urlopen(url2) session related ?

Xu, C.S.

How can I make 2 visits to a website session related with python's urllib?
For example, I want my first visit to login ebay.com, next visit to
obtain my listed items info on ebay. How can I make it?

Most web servers use session management (most use cookies), but how
can I tackle session communications at client side?

Appreciate any helps.

Peter Hansen

"Xu, C.S." wrote:

> How can I make 2 visits to a website session related with python's urllib?
> For example, I want my first visit to login ebay.com, next visit to
> obtain my listed items info on ebay. How can I make it?
>
> Most web servers use session management (most use cookies), but how
> can I tackle session communications at client side?

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie/

-Peter

John J. Lee

Peter Hansen <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Xu, C.S." wrote:
> >
> > How can I make 2 visits to a website session related with python's urllib?
> > For example, I want my first visit to login ebay.com, next visit to
> > obtain my listed items info on ebay. How can I make it?
> >
> > Most web servers use session management (most use cookies), but how
> > can I tackle session communications at client side?

> http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientCookie/

Cookies aren't the only state, so make sure to read 3rd paragraph of
this, too:

http://wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/Cli...html#debugging

I should move most of that to the general FAQ page...

John

JanC

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (John J. Lee) schreef:

> Cookies aren't the only state,

Your "Referer" handler works good too...

But the "HTTP-EQUIV"/"Refresh" handler seems to have some problems.
(I'll mail you about this when I know what exactly triggers the problem I
have--I suspect some illegal HTML...)

--
JanC

Xu, C.S.

ClientCookie works great with ebay, and a few other sites I'm interested.

I'd like to donate a few bucks for the author to buy several cups of
coffee during writing more interesting python modules. Where should I
send the money to? Paypal, or check?

ClientCookie will save me a lot time, guaranteed!

John J. Lee

(E-Mail Removed) (Xu, C.S.) writes:

> ClientCookie works great with ebay, and a few other sites I'm interested.
>
> I'd like to donate a few bucks for the author to buy several cups of
> coffee during writing more interesting python modules. Where should I
> send the money to? Paypal, or check?

[...]

Rest assured my postal address will quickly find its way to you! )

John