Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > TTF fonts rendered in Python

TTF fonts rendered in Python

vald

I wonder if there is any module for rendering True
Type Fonts in Python ? I need to create a GIF files
with nice antialiased text and I'm unable to find
any module with such functionality.

Sincerely,
K.

Chris Liechti

vald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I wonder if there is any module for rendering True
> Type Fonts in Python ? I need to create a GIF files
> with nice antialiased text and I'm unable to find
> any module with such functionality.

lok at pygame and pil

chris

--
Chris <(E-Mail Removed)>

News M Claveau /Hamster-P

PIL ? http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

--
Michel Claveau

Simon Burton

One idea:
pygame can render with TTF fonts,
it can also save surfaces in tga format.
Then use PIL to convert to gif. The only
question is, can pygame do this without displaying
a window etc.

Simon Burton.

Anthony Baxter

>>> Simon Burton wrote

> One idea:
> pygame can render with TTF fonts,
> it can also save surfaces in tga format.
> Then use PIL to convert to gif. The only
> question is, can pygame do this without displaying
> a window etc.

Absolutely - I have code here that generates animated gifs doing
just this sort of thing.

Anthony
--
Anthony Baxter <(E-Mail Removed)>

Eric Brunel

vald wrote:
> I wonder if there is any module for rendering True
> Type Fonts in Python ? I need to create a GIF files
> with nice antialiased text and I'm unable to find
> any module with such functionality.
>
> Sincerely,
> K.

If you want something a bit lighter than PyGame or PIL, there's also gd with
gdmodule:
http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule.html
http://www.boutell.com/gd/

HTH
--
- Eric Brunel <(E-Mail Removed)> -

=?UTF-8?B?0LTQsNC80ZjQsNC9INCzLg==?=

> One idea:
> pygame can render with TTF fonts,
> it can also save surfaces in tga format.
> Then use PIL to convert to gif. The only
> question is, can pygame do this without displaying
> a window etc.
>
> Simon Burton.

Perhaps python gdmodule will do?
http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/gdmodule.html

--
Дамјан (jabberID:(E-Mail Removed))

ISP techs know most computer problems are PEBKAC.
(Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)