Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Standard Lib To Use New-Style Classes?

Standard Lib To Use New-Style Classes?

John Abel

A while back, I saw a thread asking if the standard lib modules would be
modified to use the new logging module, and it got me thinking. As the
new-style classes will be default for 2.4, will the standard lib modules
be modified accordingly?

Thanks

John

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

John Abel <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> A while back, I saw a thread asking if the standard lib modules would
> be modified to use the new logging module, and it got me thinking. As
> the new-style classes will be default for 2.4, will the standard lib
> modules be modified accordingly?

Who says newstyle classes will be the default in 2.4?

Patches in the direction of using newstyle classes more frequently are
probably encouraged, provided they demonstrate that they preserve
reasonable backwards compatibility.

Regards,
Martin