Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > py2exe copies to much dlls

py2exe copies to much dlls

Achim Domma

Hi,

I managed to build a simple com server with py2exe. My script only imports
codecs and re, but the dist folder contains tcl84.dll, tk84.dll and
win32ui.pyd. Can somebody tell me why? And how to prevent this? I don't do
any gui stuff, so where does the dependency comes from?

regards,
Achim

Peter Hansen

Achim Domma wrote:

> I managed to build a simple com server with py2exe. My script only imports
> codecs and re, but the dist folder contains tcl84.dll, tk84.dll and
> win32ui.pyd. Can somebody tell me why? And how to prevent this? I don't do
> any gui stuff, so where does the dependency comes from?

Can you py2exe the following script and see what you get? If it's
still the same stuff, post the py2exe setup.py script you used and
the command line:

# test script

print 'Hello, world!'

(Yes, that's all...

-Peter

Anand Pillai

py2exe finds module paths by parsing your python source file.
I think it also uses the PYTHONPATH environmenet variable.
So if your PYTHONPATH contains $PYTHON/lib-tk (which it normally
does), py2exe will copy the tcl/tk dlls too into the build
directory, which are needed for tkinter.

Try editing the PYTHONPATH variable and remove the lib-tk
directory from it.

HTH

-Anand