Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Creative New UserGroup

Creative New UserGroup

Gervas

As you are all aware the Web has had a major impact on application
architectures. In place of closed monolithic enterprise apps we are
experienceing radical new developments in distributed computing
structures. Two salient recent developments are:

[1] Web-facing n-tier client/server AppServers based mainly on J2EE
and .NET platforms;

[2] The birth, overhype and hesitant growth of Web Services;

[3] The promotion of Web Services has also caused vendors of
application software and the larger customers to become more aware of
Service-Orientated Architectures (SOA).

Database structures are also beginning to come into question as the
shortcomings of predominant RDBMS systems are increasingly being
exposed by new globalised application interactions.

With a view to addressing these issues and the simple question of
where do we go from here, I have just formed a new Next-Generation
Applications Architectures Group. So why don't you come, have a look,
join and contribute to what promises to be a highly creative Group
without technology-as-a-religion shackles?!

See you soon,

Gervas

Moderator

Next-Generation Application Architectures Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/n-gaa/

SOA Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/servic...-architecture/

Jini/JavaSpaces Group