Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Hi ping times ~1000ms

Hi ping times ~1000ms

TRaef06

I have a client with a Cisco 2650 with 28mb/4mb. Every morning the
router has to be rebooted.

When I ping the outside or either of the WICs, I get ping times of
around 1000ms

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

what is the config this should show what is running on the router.
what is connected to the link? have you called the telco (provider) on the
link

To test the wic.( this is on ciscos web site)
do a show controllers on the interface to see if any errors pop up.
clear counters
create a loopback plug and it in the interface
Ping the interface with 1500 size packets.
from a console session and do a show controllers to see if any errors rack
up.
if they do then the wic is bad call cisco.
If none then the link is misconfigured or telco has a problem.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...