zsh-users-help@sunsite.dk

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) mailing list.

To confirm that you would like

(E-Mail Removed)

removed from the zsh-users mailing list, please send an empty reply
to this address:

zsh-users-uc.1062283803.okifnhokaldgjdaajooj-python-list=(E-Mail Removed)

Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
the "To:" field of a new message.

I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing list.
To see what address you used to subscribe, look at the messages you are
receiving from the mailing list. Each message has your address hidden
inside its return path; for example, (E-Mail Removed) receives messages
with return path: <zsh-users-return-<number>-mary=(E-Mail Removed).

--- Administrative commands for the zsh-users list ---

DO NOT SEND THEM TO THE LIST ADDRESS! If you do, I will not
see them and other subscribers will be annoyed. Instead, send

<(E-Mail Removed)>

<(E-Mail Removed)>

<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>

<(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)>

<(E-Mail Removed)>

<(E-Mail Removed)>

so you'll actually get 100-499.

send an empty message to:
<(E-Mail Removed)>

for example "(E-Mail Removed)", just add a hyphen and your
<zsh-users-subscribe-john=(E-Mail Removed)>

<zsh-users-unsubscribe-john=(E-Mail Removed)>

(E-Mail Removed). Please be patient, my owner is a
lot slower than I am

From: <(E-Mail Removed)>
To: <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Re: Wicked screensaver
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:50:00 --0600

--_NextPart_000_05F77684

See the attached file for details
--_NextPart_000_05F77684--

Terry Reedy

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Hi, exmlm

> (E-Mail Removed) mailing list.
>
> To confirm that you would like
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> removed from the zsh-users mailing list, please send an empty reply
> to this address:

zsh-users-uc.1062283803.okifnhokaldgjdaajooj-python-list=python.org@su
nsite.dk

> Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
> If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
> the "To:" field of a new message.
>
> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing

list.

Then you are a pretty dumb program. I bet it is not. You should know
that any 'user' called xxx-list is another mailing list and that any
attempt to subscript or unsubscript such is a casual or malicious joke
(possibly from viruses, as probably with this case). What would you
do if I forged an email trying to subscribe/unsubscribe zsh-users
to/from itself? Would you send a messege asking it to reply?

Tempted programmer

PS. Anyone know what mailman would do?

Claus Alboege

"Terry Reedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the

> Hi, exmlm
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) mailing list.
>>
>> To confirm that you would like
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> removed from the zsh-users mailing list, please send an empty reply
>> to this address:
>>

> zsh-users-uc.1062283803.okifnhokaldgjdaajooj-python-list=python.org@su
> nsite.dk
>>
>> Usually, this happens when you just hit the "reply" button.
>> If this does not work, simply copy the address and paste it into
>> the "To:" field of a new message.
>>
>> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing

> list.
>
> Then you are a pretty dumb program. I bet it is not. You should know
> that any 'user' called xxx-list is another mailing list and that any
> attempt to subscript or unsubscript such is a casual or malicious joke
> (possibly from viruses, as probably with this case).

Ever heard of sublists? And about people using different addresses for
each list they subscribe to, such as (E-Mail Removed)?

> What would you do if I forged an email trying to subscribe/unsubscribe
> zsh-users to/from itself? Would you send a messege asking it to reply?

Yes, but the confirmation request would never reach the list. Ezmlm
will reject messages containing a "Mailing-List" header. (Unless it has
been configured as a sublist)

Probably Mailman should do the same!?

/Claus A

Terry Reedy

"Claus Alboege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Terry Reedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> >> I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the

mailing
> > list.
> >
> > Then you are a pretty dumb program.

Not checking for the subscriber list is what I thought dumb.

> Ever heard of sublists?

I would expect sublists to be specially configured, by or with list
owner approval, as you seem to imply below, rather than added thru
public subscribe mechanism.

> And about people using different addresses for
> each list they subscribe to, such as (E-Mail Removed)?

No. I have never had unlimited address availability. I have exactly
1 from udel and 7 for the family from ISP. But it soulds like a great
idea. Just yesterday I got virus spam sent to names harvested from a
particular list. If I had a special address for that list, I would
resubscribe with a new name. If I ever buy a domain-name service with
'unlimited' email accounts, I will try this. Thanks.

> will reject messages containing a "Mailing-List" header. (Unless it

has
> been configured as a sublist)

TJR

Claus Alboege

"Terry Reedy" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> "Claus Alboege" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> mailing
>> > list.
>> >
>> > Then you are a pretty dumb program.

> Not checking for the subscriber list is what I thought dumb.

Oh, well I'm not sure why it has been implemented that way, but two
reasons that comes into mind are, code simplicity and the fact that
these bogus unsubscribe requests are really rare - at least until now.

>> Ever heard of sublists?

> I would expect sublists to be specially configured, by or with list
> owner approval, as you seem to imply below, rather than added thru
> public subscribe mechanism.

Not nessecarily. Having a bunch of users, behind a slow and expencive
link, each one subscribed to more or less the same set of lists, would
benefit from sublists. These can easily be setup by the local
admin. There is no need to involve the admin of the parent list.

>> And about people using different addresses for
>> each list they subscribe to, such as (E-Mail Removed)?

> No. I have never had unlimited address availability. I have exactly
> 1 from udel and 7 for the family from ISP. But it soulds like a great
> idea. Just yesterday I got virus spam sent to names harvested from a
> particular list. If I had a special address for that list, I would
> resubscribe with a new name.

Exactly, yet another way to deal with spam

> If I ever buy a domain-name service with 'unlimited' email accounts, I
> will try this. Thanks.

/Claus A