Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > IBM Goes Python

IBM Goes Python

dfinner@Kollsman.com

Part 1:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork.../l-pymeta.html

::: Metaclass programming in Python, Part 2 :::
Metaclasses can be downright metaphysical. If you thought inheritance
was messy before, wait until you see what happens when Python experts
Michele Simoniato and David Mertz introduce metaclasses,
superclasses, subclasses, metatypes, magic methods, and more into the
equation. But fear not: they assure us that, despite the pitfalls
(and worse) of mixing metas into your Python work, the benefits make
the effort more than worth while.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/li...a2/?ca=dnt-434

IBM's Developerworks posts quite a bit of Python/Perl/OpenSource information in
their weekly newsletter. If you weren't aware, I thought you might find this
interesting.

Doug