Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > My future Python IDE article

My future Python IDE article

Markus Wankus

On 12 Sep 2003 10:04:22 -0700, Robin Siebler
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I know you can't tell us when this article will appear, but could you
> tell us where?
>
> I am currently using PythonWin and would be curious to see what the
> alternatives look like, especially Komodo, because it is the only
> *reasonably* priced (for a personal license) commercial offering out
> there.
>
> I was reading through the thread and I tried to try a couple of the
> items mentioned:
>
> 1. SPE - Neither of the download links at blender.projects.org
> worked. I tried sending an e-mail to the author, but I haven't gotten
> a response.

Check out the author's site:

http://spe.pycs.net/

There is a link there to download the latest. I have never heard of this
one, but it looks promising!

> 2. eric3 - I looked at it, but it has too many prerequistes! Just
> trying to find the right (free) version of QT was a pain. I never was
> able to get everything configured properly. If the software requires
> specific software to work, I think the least the guy could do would be
> to give the right links to the required software and maybe a few tips
> for getting everything to work properly.

Yeah - man, I feel your pain. I still have never got this to work...

--
Markus

Chris Kassopulo

> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Robin Siebler) wrote:
>
> 1. SPE - Neither of the download links at blender.projects.org
> worked. I tried sending an e-mail to the author, but I haven't gotten
> a response.

A google search reveals:

http://spe.pycs.net/

Chris