Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > need code-snippet for a simple dialog window in wxPython

need code-snippet for a simple dialog window in wxPython

Christoph Lehmann

Hi

I am a newbie and have a very simple python code, doing some calculations.

maybe there is one already having a code snippet in wxPython for what I need:

(i) simple dialog box, where the user can enter an integer. after
closing the dialog I get this integer. nothing more

(ii) similar for getting a file-name (with a file-dialog)

thanks a lot

christoph

--
Christoph Lehmann <(E-Mail Removed)>

pythonhda

Download the wxpython demo from their website. Also check out the wiki for additional help: http://wiki.wxpython.org/index.cgi/MessageBoxes

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:53:12 +0200
Christoph Lehmann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a newbie and have a very simple python code, doing some calculations.
>
> maybe there is one already having a code snippet in wxPython for what I need:
>
> (i) simple dialog box, where the user can enter an integer. after
> closing the dialog I get this integer. nothing more
>
> (ii) similar for getting a file-name (with a file-dialog)
>
> thanks a lot
>

> christoph
>

> --
> Christoph Lehmann <(E-Mail Removed)>

R.Marquez

Christoph Lehmann <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi
>
> I am a newbie and have a very simple python code, doing some calculations.
>
> maybe there is one already having a code snippet in wxPython for what I need:
>
> (i) simple dialog box, where the user can enter an integer. after
> closing the dialog I get this integer. nothing more
>
> (ii) similar for getting a file-name (with a file-dialog)
>
> thanks a lot
>

> christoph

There is a nice little example on the "Python Introduction Slides"
currently being discussed in a separate thread of this news group.

This is the link to the presentation:
http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~tebeka/pyintro_files/frame.htm

See the second example after the "GUI" slide.