Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Advice to a Junior in High School?

Advice to a Junior in High School?

Peter Hansen

collegebabe2004 wrote:
> I would suggest taking Japanese because you will have to work with them
> eventually if you do decide to choose compsci as your proffesion.

Over what time frame should I expect this requirement to become
critical? I'd like to know so I can reserve a spot in the next
Japanese course in the area, if you think it's really urgent.
Also, should I plan on adopting various aspects of the Japanese
culture as well, or will a mastery of the language be sufficient?

-Peter

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:04:01 -0500, rumours say that Peter Hansen
<(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:

>collegebabe2004 wrote:
>> I would suggest taking Japanese because you will have to work with them
>> eventually if you do decide to choose compsci as your proffesion.

[Peter]
>Over what time frame should I expect this requirement to become
>critical? I'd like to know so I can reserve a spot in the next
>Japanese course in the area, if you think it's really urgent.
>Also, should I plan on adopting various aspects of the Japanese
>culture as well, or will a mastery of the language be sufficient?

I think having a katana next to your keyboard will suffice to give the
*impression* you have mastered enough of the japanese culture, Peter
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
"Be strict when sending and tolerant when receiving." (from RFC195