Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > pyGTK with wxPython

pyGTK with wxPython

Charlie Kim

hi all.

I made gnome applet with pyGTK and gnome application with wxPython.
When I tried import wxPython application in pyGTK applet it crashed with
message:

GThread-ERROR **: GThread system may only be initialized once.
aborting...

I think it is because I'm trying import wxPython modules in pyGTK applet.

Do I have to modify the application's sources against pyGTK?
or any solution?

TIA.

Nicholas Wieland

-Charlie Kim<NOSPAM__nabugoon__@__moor.pe.krNOSPAM>:
> snip >
> Do I have to modify the application's sources against pyGTK?
> or any solution?

Yes, you have to modify the source.
Wx is a different system, it does use Gtk but without integrating in
the GNOME desktop architecture (but sharing the wonderful look & feel
^^)
It's not a matter of pyGTK or wxPython, for a gnome-applet you need
gnome-python (you have imported gnome.applet ...).
I know that the author of wxPython follows this group, maybe he has
another solution ...

HTH,
nicholas

PyGTK vs. wxPython dcrespo Python 22 04-28-2005 03:41 AM
How to use a Tkinter widget inside a PyGtk or wxPython HMI? Sebastien Aubry Python 0 04-26-2005 11:28 AM
ANN: wrapper GUI for pygtk, pyqt, wxpython and tkinter Stelios Xanthakis Python 0 10-17-2004 03:28 AM
ANN: GUI wrapper for pygtk, pyqt and wxpython Stelios Xanthakis Python 9 10-15-2004 09:52 AM
Tkinter, wxPython, PyGtk, or PyQt... Jorge Godoy Python 5 10-13-2003 06:47 PM

Advertisments