Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > question: reading character for character from stdin

question: reading character for character from stdin

KwikRick

Is there a simple way to read from stdin without having to wait for an
enter keypress, i.e. like getch() in the curses module.
I'd rather not use curses because it isn't supported on all platforms.

Rick

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:03:31 GMT, rumours say that KwikRick
<(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:

>I'll stick with curses. Thanks.

Do that for *nix systems... and I believe there has been a conio (or
something alike) module for windows. Try googling comp.lang.python in
groups.google.com.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,

peek at stdin, flush stdin Johnathan Doe C Programming 5 05-17-2013 04:30 PM
How to pass stdin of a C++ program to the stdin of a process createdwith ShellExecute() Ben C Programming 2 08-29-2009 09:47 PM
Reading from stdin then launching a program that reads from stdin strange behaviour Stefano Sabatini Perl Misc 6 07-29-2007 10:38 PM
reading character from stdin Mike C++ 3 03-22-2006 08:50 AM
Reading stdin once confuses second stdin read Charlie Zender C Programming 6 06-21-2004 01:39 PM

Advertisments