Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > VPN concentrator, LAN-to-LAN and dynamic ip-address.

VPN concentrator, LAN-to-LAN and dynamic ip-address.

Bjoern Frantzen

I'm trying to set up a vpn-tunnel between a Cisco 831 and a
VPN-concentrator 3005.

All is well when I set this up as a LAN-to-LAN tunnel, but this requires
that both peers have static ip-addresses.

Is there a way to make the 831 operate from a dynamic ip-address? The
vpn-concentrator doesn't allow me to enter 0.0.0.0 as the peer for the
LAN-to-LAN connection.

--
Bjørn Frantzen

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Bjoern Frantzen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I'm trying to set up a vpn-tunnel between a Cisco 831 and a
:VPN-concentrator 3005.

:Is there a way to make the 831 operate from a dynamic ip-address?

Check to see if you can configure a crypto dynamic-map

--
Warhol's Law: every Usenet user is entitled to his or her very own
fifteen minutes of flame -- The Squoire

Rik Bain

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:43:06 -0600, Bjoern Frantzen wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a vpn-tunnel between a Cisco 831 and a
> VPN-concentrator 3005.
>
> All is well when I set this up as a LAN-to-LAN tunnel, but this requires
> that both peers have static ip-addresses.
>
> Is there a way to make the 831 operate from a dynamic ip-address? The
> vpn-concentrator doesn't allow me to enter 0.0.0.0 as the peer for the
> LAN-to-LAN connection.

You can either set it up to use the base group, or configure EZVPN client
on the 800 to connect to the 3000 as a hardware client.