Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > GUI IDE for Macintosh?

GUI IDE for Macintosh?

Leo

hi there

i'm looking for a GUI Building IDE for Python Development running on a mac
under OS X.

i know about eric (http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html) and boa
(http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/). in

their install readme's si only linux and windows listed. does anybody has
experience with a GUI Building Tool on OS X?

thanks for any advice,

leo

Leo

"Detlev Offenbach" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Leo wrote:
> > i'm looking for a GUI Building IDE for Python Development running on a
> > mac under OS X.

> I think in the meantime Trolltech has released Qt for Mac OS X. This
> means that you should be able to compile sip, PyQt and QScintilla (???).

Qt is ported, but SIP seems to be the problem: according to
riverbankcomputing there is no SIP for mac.

that woud mean no luck...

or are there other other GUI builders?

cheers, leo

reh

Leo wrote:

> Qt is ported, but SIP seems to be the problem: according to
> riverbankcomputing there is no SIP for mac.
>
> that woud mean no luck...
>
> or are there other other GUI builders?
>
> cheers, leo

try google for "mac python gui"

--
robert
redhat 9.0

JanC

"Leo" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef:

> i'm looking for a GUI Building IDE for Python Development running on a
> mac under OS X.
>
> i know about eric (http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html) and
> boa (http://boa-constructor.sourceforge.net/). in
>
> their install readme's si only linux and windows listed. does anybody
> has experience with a GUI Building Tool on OS X?

I saw there is an experimental wxPython binary build for Python 2.3 for
MacOS X. Boa Constrictor itself is pure Python.

So _maybe_ it just works...?

--
JanC