Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Idle Help font size

Idle Help font size

Gary Feldman

I bet folks knew that once I got Idle up, I'd have commets

The font size for help is too small for me. I can successfully change the
font size in the main window, so that's fine, but it didn't affect the font
size for the help.

I took a look at the Idle-dev mailing list, but with at least two spam
messages a month in the last three months of archives, my reaction is that
that's totally unacceptable, so I quickly unsubscribed.

Many thanks,

Gary

vincent wehren

"Gary Feldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I bet folks knew that once I got Idle up, I'd have commets
>
> The font size for help is too small for me. I can successfully change the
> font size in the main window, so that's fine, but it didn't affect the

font
> size for the help.

You propobably would have to modify textView.py. See the CreateWidgets
method of the TextViewer class. You could add a font option to
self.textView...

Vincent Wehren

> I took a look at the Idle-dev mailing list, but with at least two spam
> messages a month in the last three months of archives, my reaction is that
> that's totally unacceptable, so I quickly unsubscribed.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Gary

Gary Feldman

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:31:49 +0200, "vincent wehren" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You propobably would have to modify textView.py. See the CreateWidgets
>method of the TextViewer class. You could add a font option to
>self.textView...

Thanks. I had to dig through a ton of stuff on tkinter, and tried all
sorts of permutations until I was able to get it to work, and then get it
to work for the debugger as well. But it's ok now.

I suspect my other gripe isn't nearly as easy, namely I really want it all
in one window. It's a rough tradeoff between using emacs to do most of the
editing, and then using IDLE for debugging and minor editing. But it's
just too darn difficult to find the right text window in IDLE, plus it
forces me to change my visual focus. But that's for another time.

Gary