Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > detecting -addition, deletion or change to files

detecting -addition, deletion or change to files

jeff

Hiya

I just woundering how would I go about detecting addition, deletion or
change to files in a folder?

Ideally id like to look at a linux directory and say watch all its
contents and then have my script flag up a message when one of these
events occurs

not only would it want to watch the directory, but also the
subdirectorys off of it

cheers

greg

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

jeff wrote:
> Hiya
>
> I just woundering how would I go about detecting addition, deletion or
> change to files in a folder? [...]

FAM is designed for this purpose. Here's the Python wrapper for it:

http://python-fam.sourceforge.net/

-- Gerhard