Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Using urrlib for https

Using urrlib for https

G. Feldman

I'm running Python 2.2 on MSWin XP. I can successfully download an
http page using urllib.urlopen. At first trying to download an https
page failed, so I downloaded and installed the SSL socket kit at
http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/misc/python-ssl.html .

This seems to work for getting me the headers (at least it no longer
fails at the urlopen), but it now gives me

AttributeError: addinfourl instance has no attribute 'readlines'

Either I'm doing something dumb, or there's an inconsistency in that
the object returned by urlopen isn't the same type for http and https.

Thanks for any help,

Gary