Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python IDE - "Lite" version available for non commercial use

Python IDE - "Lite" version available for non commercial use

Rick Thomas

http://wingide.com/wingide

Jarek Zgoda

Rick Thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> pisze:

> http://wingide.com/wingide

Is it a "trial license"?

--
Jarek Zgoda
Registered Linux User #-1

Heiko Wundram

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:31, Rick Thomas wrote:
> http://wingide.com/wingide

The only thing I found so far to get Wing IDE-Lite working was to order
a license file from the people who produce it... This certainly doesn't
mean that it's available for non-commercial use, I guess.

Anybody else checked this out and cares to enlighten me?

Heiko.

Colin J. Williams

Rick Thomas wrote:

> http://wingide.com/wingide

The requirements are below, is this "Lite"?

Colin W.

Free Licenses for Non-Commercial Open Source Developers

Free licenses for non-commercial open source development are also
available. These require that you provide us with (1) your project's
website or ftp address, (2) at least one public release of your open
source code, (3) a description of your project, if not on your web or
ftp site, (4) the name of the open source license you are using for the
project (or a copy of the license if it's not one of the commonly used
licenses), and (5) a signed statement that the license(s) will be used
only for non-commercial development of an open source product from which
you are not deriving income. You must also (6) agree to send us email
notification as you release new versions of your product.

If you are just getting started on your project, cannot provide all of
these materials, or at our discretion based on a review of your project
materials, we may issue a 6 month limited term license instead of a
permanent license. Recipients of a limited term license may reapply for
a permanent license at any time. However, the limited term license is
only available on platforms for which Wing IDE is available as a binary
distribution.

These requirements are duplicated on the order form. We reserve the
right to refuse to issue any free license.

Stephan Deibel

Heiko Wundram <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:31, Rick Thomas wrote:
> > http://wingide.com/wingide

> The only thing I found so far to get Wing IDE-Lite working was to order
> a license file from the people who produce it... This certainly doesn't
> mean that it's available for non-commercial use, I guess.
>
> Anybody else checked this out and cares to enlighten me?

Hi,

The current deal is that Wing IDE Lite is a feature subset of Wing IDE
Standard and it's licensed for non-commercial users only at $35/license
(Standard is $149 Linux / $179 other platforms). One-month free trial
licenses are also available at http://wingide.com/wingide/demo.

However, we do give free permanent licenses to non-commercial open source
users that produce open source code from which they don't derive income
directly or indirectly (basically, if you get paid we'ld appreciate being
paid too!) We've got quite a few such users, including the OSA
Foundation (osafoundation.org).

Details on the free license: http://wingide.com/wingide/terms#opensource

Hope that helps. Questions should go directly to me or http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Thanks,