Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Python vs. C#

Re: Python vs. C#

Y2KYZFR1

"Brandon J. Van Every" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<3f357a9b@shknews01>...
snip
>... C# could be glossed as "C++ without the headaches."

Actually nothing could be farther from the truth, if you really think
this you don't understand anything about C++! Just because the SYNTAX
is SIMILAR does not make the IMPLEMENTATION simlar!

> I've just spent most of the last 11 years avoiding them,
> that's how I've gotten by.

well guess that qualifies why you have the above misconception!

> Also C#, like Python, has higher level data
> types built right in. No more memory management, no more implementing
> linked lists over and over again .NET Framework could be glossed as "an
> interoperability environment for programming languages." So long as your
> language looks a lot like C#.

Actually this is completely wrong also, C# works much like VB
"objects" are COM objects. Nothing fancy at the langauge level there.
..Net Framework is Windows specific runtime environment that is very
similar to the Java standard libraries, nothing more nothing less.

> Some open source projects are trying to clone .NET and provide a C#
> compiler.

again with the misconseptions, not a compiler but a runtime
interpreter.

Brandon J. Van Every

Y2KYZFR1 wrote:
> "Brandon J. Van Every" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> Some open source projects are trying to clone .NET and provide a C#
>> compiler.

> again with the misconseptions, not a compiler but a runtime
> interpreter.

Sounds like a pedantry battle to me. JIT compiler.

--
Cheers, www.3DProgrammer.com
Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

20% of the world is real.