Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > makepy must be run after restart of pythonwin

makepy must be run after restart of pythonwin

bk

hi,

i'm using pythonwin 2.2.3
my programm reads and write the outlook-adress book using COM. for this i
have to use the makepy utility. after i have run the utiltity everything is
fine and i can run my py-file without any errors.
but if i close the pythonwin and restart and then try to run my py-script i
get the following error:

File "C:\Program Files\Python22\contacts_ausgabe.py", line 45, in
DumpDefaultAddressBook
folder =
mapi.GetDefaultFolder(win32com.client.constants.ol FolderContacts)
File "C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 168, in __getattr__
raise AttributeError, a
AttributeError: olFolderContacts

When i run the makepy again, then everything is fine again. i cant
understand what is the problem. is there anyone who can help me???
After the Restart of pythonwin the files generated by makepy still exist. so
why do i have to regenerate them again by use makepy???