Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python 2.3 and MySQL on Windows XP?

Python 2.3 and MySQL on Windows XP?

M Wells

Hi All,

Well, laugh, it appears my progress in learning Python is going to be
a little more complex than I first thought.

Am I right in understanding that currently MySQLdb isn't available for
Windows to support Python 2.3? This is my primary purpose for Python,
so I'm wondering if anyone knows when MySQLdb will be available in a
version for windows xp supporting 2.3?

Any help immensely appreciated!

Much warmth,

Murray
http://www.planetthoughtful.org
Building a thoughtful planet,
one snide comment at a time...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

M Wells wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Well, laugh, it appears my progress in learning Python is going to be
> a little more complex than I first thought.
>
> Am I right in understanding that currently MySQLdb isn't available for
> Windows to support Python 2.3? This is my primary purpose for Python,
> so I'm wondering if anyone knows when MySQLdb will be available in a
> version for windows xp supporting 2.3?

I've built the binaries, as usual, and sent them to the maintainer. But
he hasn't uploaded them to Sourceforge, yet.

So in the meantime you can get them from my server:
http://ghaering.de/python/unsupporte...in32-py2.3.exe

As soon as the binaries are uploaded to the official place I'll delete
them from my server.

-- Gerhard