Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Python and XML

Re: Python and XML

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

"Matthieu M." <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> from xml.dom import pulldom

[...]
> ImportError: No module named dom
>
> When I look in my Python folder I see .py files in xml/dom...

Please report

1. the output of

import xml
print xml.__file__

2. The contents of the directory printed above

3. The contents of the dom directory inside.

Regards,
Martin

Matthieu M.

Martin v. L÷wis wrote:

> 1. the output of
>
> import xml
> print xml.__file__

c:\python23\lib\xml\__init__.pyc

> 2. The contents of the directory printed above

C:\Python23\Lib\xml

03/08/2003 15:48 <REP> .
03/08/2003 15:48 <REP> ..
03/08/2003 15:48 <REP> dom
03/08/2003 15:46 <REP> parsers
03/08/2003 15:48 <REP> sax
26/01/2003 10:06 1 053 __init__.py
03/08/2003 15:48 1 053 __init__.pyc

> 3. The contents of the dom directory inside.

C:\Python23\Lib\xml\dom

03/08/2003 15:48 <REP> .
03/08/2003 15:48 <REP> ..
24/04/2003 20:03 3 580 domreg.py
03/08/2003 15:48 3 894 domreg.pyc
29/06/2003 01:09 37 362 expatbuilder.py
25/01/2003 10:11 5 471 minicompat.py
03/08/2003 15:48 6 279 minicompat.pyc
06/04/2003 22:12 67 941 minidom.py
25/01/2003 12:07 964 NodeFilter.py
24/04/2003 20:03 12 325 pulldom.py
03/08/2003 15:48 16 975 pulldom.pyc
25/01/2003 10:29 12 772 xmlbuilder.py
27/02/2003 17:13 4 137 __init__.py
03/08/2003 15:48 8 642 __init__.pyc

In fact I've done all this things in the Python Shell, otherwise, when I
lauch it with "python foo.py" I've got the same kind of errors.
I think the problem comes from here, but I'm not skilled in Python, so...

Thanks

--
Matthieu M. <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.frheaven.com

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

"Matthieu M." <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> In fact I've done all this things in the Python Shell, otherwise, when
> I lauch it with "python foo.py" I've got the same kind of errors.
> I think the problem comes from here, but I'm not skilled in Python, so...

Sorry, I have no idea why it fails to find the dom package.

Regards,
Martin