Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 3640 Router, just got it, cant connect

Cisco 3640 Router, just got it, cant connect

Jerrit Tyler

I just got a used Cisco 3640 Router and I cannot connect to it at all?

I dont have a RJ-45 to DB9 cable, I am trying to connect from
Ethernet0 using a crossover cable to my PC, the manual says Ethernet0
should be 10.10.10.1 but I cant ping it...any ideas?

Thanks

Jerrit

NoEcm

E0 may be any IP address or it could be administratively shut down.

Would suggest you find a console cable and save yourself a lot of grief.

"Jerrit Tyler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I just got a used Cisco 3640 Router and I cannot connect to it at all?
>
> I dont have a RJ-45 to DB9 cable, I am trying to connect from
> Ethernet0 using a crossover cable to my PC, the manual says Ethernet0
> should be 10.10.10.1 but I cant ping it...any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerrit

toni

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jerrit Tyler) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I just got a used Cisco 3640 Router and I cannot connect to it at all?
>
> I dont have a RJ-45 to DB9 cable, I am trying to connect from
> Ethernet0 using a crossover cable to my PC, the manual says Ethernet0
> should be 10.10.10.1 but I cant ping it...any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jerrit

You can connect to your PC using a RJ45-to-DB9 connector. The pinout
of the cable is 1-8 on one side and 8-1 on the other side. To know the
pinout of the RJ45-to-DB9 connector, check out the following link:
http://www.alliancedatacom.com/manuf...outs.asp#38489

toni

f3red

You really need the console cable. What I did was get one on eBay for
$10. I'll send it to you for $50 . But seriously, it is $10
well-spent, and it will be all yours!

f3