Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > -shared option in distutils

-shared option in distutils

Dave Harrison

afternoon pythonic gurus,

quick question about distutils.

Im compiling on solaris 9 and am having problems with the linking (I loathe solaris these days ,
and if I call gcc by hand and remove the -shared flag and replace it with -G it works.

But I just cant find where I need to change this in the distutils package for my install of python2.1.1.

Where can I find it ?

cheers
Dave

Martin v. =?iso-8859-15?q?L=F6wis?=

Dave Harrison <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Where can I find it ?

It is extracted from the installed Makefile. In theory, if you build
Python with the Sun compiler, it should automatically decide to use
-G, and so should then distutils use -G as well, without manual
intervention.

Regards,
Martin