Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Convert a number to it name...

Convert a number to it name...

Ben Finney

On 29 Jul 2003 19:31:47 -0700, Mauro Baraldi wrote:
> Someone can help how to convert a number to [words].

Found on my first Google search:

<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pynum2word/>

--
\ "Yesterday I told a chicken to cross the road. It said, 'What |
`\ for?'" -- Steven Wright |

Mauro Baraldi

Hello World !

Someone can help how to convert a number to it name. Well I'll explain...

11 -> leven.
48 -> forty eight.

Something like it.

Thanks

[]s
Mauro

Irmen de Jong

Mauro Baraldi wrote:
> Someone can help how to convert a number to it name. Well I'll explain...

Ben suggested the pynum2word project, but you might also want to
take a look at my 'number.py' that is part of Snakelets (as an
example). It works with data files for over 70 languages.

http://tinyurl.com/ikim

Don't pay attention to the code style-- it's ugly as sin,
because it is a straight port from some very old C code.

--Irmen