Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > bisect uses __cmp__()?

bisect uses __cmp__()?

Gary Robinson

I'm wondering if bisect.insort is guaranteed to use a __cmp__ method, for
now and for future python versions, if it exists, for the items being
inserted?

That would be good to know because then you don't have to define __lt__ etc.
if all you care about is being able to use bisect.insort.

If true, I suggest that it might be good to mention the bisect library docs.
In any case, if there is a clear answer to my question I'd appreciate
knowing what it is...

--Gary

--
Putting http://wecanstopspam.org in your email helps it pass through