Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > gzip HTTP results problem

gzip HTTP results problem

Bill Loren

Hey ppl,

I've encountered a problem trying to decode gzip data
returned from an HTTP server I communicate with (I use urllib2).
I've tried to use both the gzip and zlib come-along python libraries but
alas.

Have anyone of you ppl succeeded in talking gzip with an HTTP server ?

thanks in advance,
~B
(btw I do not wish to change my Encoding-Type to deflate...)