Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > how do I add a subscribe by email in my web page

how do I add a subscribe by email in my web page

Survival Bill

I have things setup so far that users are able to subscribe via the web page
that the program creates for users to subscribe that's ok, but what I want
is to be able for users to subscribe via an e-mail statement in my web page
can this even be done using the

href=(E-Mail Removed) m?subject=subscribe

I have tried but can not get it to subscribe users to the list

I have left out the " and < > statements out of the mailto:
I did cuz I don't know how it will show in the newsgroup...

I just set this up the other day and have searched for the info at python
couldn't find what I was looking for so I am trying to pick your brains, I
know easy stuff right well ya if you know how! problem I do not know the
how part
--
_____________________________________

Survival Bill Outdoor Retreat
Website: http://www.survivalbill.com
Message Forum: http://www.survivalbill.com/cgi-bin/forum.pl
Photos: http://www.survivalbill.com/photosa.htm

Dennis Lee Bieber

Survival Bill fed this fish to the penguins on Friday 25 July 2003
09:13 pm:

> href=(E-Mail Removed) m?subject=subscribe

"mailto:" normally invokes the user's email client, prefilling the
recipient (to) field with the email address which follows... Since this
is done on the client's end, there is normally no CGI type URL parsing
of optional arguments.

According to my old HTML4 text, Netscape /does/ use the ? to separate
a subject...

However, the recommendation was to use <a href="mailto:recipient"
title="subject"> which was honored by Mosaic [I did say "old HTML4
text] and had a better chance of being incorporated into other browsers
[in the author's opinion]. Something about "title" being a recognized
keyword in the HTML syntax, unlike having to parse URL-like email
addresses.