Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > i've been close to python's cradle :)

i've been close to python's cradle :)

Guyon Morée

recently i've visited SARAH, the academic supercomputer in Amsterdam,
Holland.
this is next to the CWI, where Guido founded Python....

....Yeah!...

Sybren Stuvel

Guyon Morée enlightened us with:
> recently i've visited SARAH, the academic supercomputer in
> Amsterdam, Holland. this is next to the CWI, where Guido founded
> Python....

Nice one. Where are you from?

I live close to the CWI, and will probably even do a few courses
there. Perhaps I'll look up Guido sometime

Sybren

Irmen de Jong

Sybren Stuvel wrote:

> I live close to the CWI, and will probably even do a few courses
> there. Perhaps I'll look up Guido sometime

Hard time finding him at the CWI:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3...ly/007598.html

Guido's been working in the USA for quite some time now.

--Irmen

Guyon Morée

I am from Holland too.

A friend of mine had an internship there.
At the end of this internship he was allowed to take 5 friends with him.
We've seen all the super-computers upclose and we had 45 minutes of great
fun in the CAVE (Computer Aided Virtual Environment) or Virtual Reality.
Really cool-geeky-stuff!

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...