Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Reading Keyboard Scan Codes

Re: Reading Keyboard Scan Codes

Francois Pinard

[François Pinard]

> [...] I do not know if reading scan codes or key codes is easily done
> within X, nor on MS-Windows. I would like finding or discovering recipes
> in this area. So, please share your tricks in this area, if any!

[Bjorn Pettersen]

> I'm assuming you can use the msvcrt module:

> ... import msvcrt
> ... while not msvcrt.kbhit(): pass
> ... return msvcrt.getch()

> 'a'

This does not give scan codes (or key codes of some sort). I would like
being able to detect, for example, if Ctrl is being held while Keypad-5
is entered, or any other such (possibly unusual) combination of keys.

--
François Pinard http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard