Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Zlib problem on Windows XP??

Zlib problem on Windows XP??

Kevin Ollivier

Hi all,

When using the latest Python 2.2.x releases as well as the Python 2.3
betas and rc1 on Win XP, I cannot import zlib. When I try, I get an
error about the dynamic module not having an 'initzlib' symbol. The
strange thing is that this problem seems to be XP-specific - on Windows
2K I do not get this error. I've installed Python 2.2.3 on two XP
machines with the same results. I installed the latest beta on one of
the machines, but the results were the same. (Haven't tried RC1 yet.)

Does anyone else see this problem? I thought it was something I had
done at first, but I haven't built Python myself and the error occurs
right after installation, so I'm stuck as to what could be happening.

Thanks!

Kevin